Add the Ship by Date and/or the Deliver by Date to your templates, such as to a packing slip or invoice, so that you can prioritize your shipments.
The Ship by Date and Deliver by Date fields are available in the ShipWorks client and in The Hub for the following marketplaces:
For this example we will add the Ship by Date to the Standard Packing Slip template. However, the process can be used to add the Deliver by Date or to add either field to other template types.
Follow these steps to make a copy of your template so that, if needed, you can recover your original template code.
2. On the Template Manager screen, select the template to which you wish to add the Single Scan barcode.
3. Click on the Copy button. Then, click OK.
4. You now have a copy of your template named Your Template (Copy).
2. Select the Packing Slips > Standard template. (or select the template that you wish to modify.) Then, click on the Edit button.
3. Ensure that the Code tab is selected. Then, scroll down to approximately line 184 (this may be different in your template) and locate a group of code that looks like the code in the below screenshot.
4. Copy the first line of code in the group and paste it into the blank line above it. (see the below screenshot)
5. Change the line of code that you just pasted so that the black text (in this case Item #) now reads Ship by Date. (Change the text to read 'Deliver by Date' if that is the field you wish to add.)
7. Copy and paste the code as shown in the screenshot below.
8. Change the line of code you just pasted so that "Name" now reads "ShipByDate". (ensure that the "" marks are included)
9. Select the Preview tab. Ensure that the Ship By Date column is now displayed as the first column. Click the Save button to save your template.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.