ShipWorks gives you the ability to automatically generate a return label along with your shipping label when processing shipments. This article will guide you through the process of enabling this feature, how to setup return shipping profiles, and how to configure ShipWorks to automatically generate a return shipping label when processing shipments.
Email Return Shipping Labels
Did you know that you can configure ShipWorks to automatically email return shipping labels to your customers? You can! Check out our Automatically Email Return Labels help article.
If you wish for your return labels to automatically print, please check the following setting before continuing with the below instructions.
2. Select the shipping carrier for which you wish to include return shipping labels from the list of carriers on the left side of the screen.
3. Select the Printing tab and then check the box for Automatically print return labels after processing.
Repeat the above steps for each shipping provider for which you wish to automatically print return labels.
1. Select the order(s) for which you wish to include a return shipping label with the shipment. Then, click Home > Ship Orders.
2. Select the shipment(s) for which you wish to enable 'Include a Return Shipment'.
3. Scroll down to and, if necessary, expand the Return Shipment section. Then, check the box for Include a return label.
4. Process the shipment(s) as you normally would. A return label will be generated along with your shipping label.
When automatically generating a return label you can select to apply a separate profile to the return shipping label. This may come in useful when you would like to generate a return label with a different service than the original shipping label.
For example, you may ship the order to your customer using Priority Mail, but include a return shipping label using First Class or perhaps you ship your order to the customer using FedEx but wish to include a USPS return label.
The first step is to create the return shipping profile that you will use when including a return shipping label. Here's how:
1. If you are still on the Ship Orders screen, you can click on the Manage Profiles button in the Return Shipments section.
2. Click on the Add button.
3. Give your profile a name. For this example we will use the name First Class Return.
4. Select the Provider: for which the shipping profile is being created. (For this example we will use USPS.) Then, configure all of the defaults that relate to your return shipping label.
Remember, only the defaults that you configure in this profile will be changed on the automatically generated return label.
For this example, we will set the Service to First Class. We will leave all of the other defaults disabled so that the weight, dimensions, and so on will be the same as on the original shipping label. (Of course, you can set any defaults you wish for your return labels.)
5. Scroll down to the Return Shipment section. Then, enable This is a return shipment. This step must be done in order to apply this profile to an automatically generated return label.
6. Click OK and then click Close.
Now that you have a return shipping profile created, you can apply the profile to your return shipping label.
1. In the Return Shipment section of the Ship Orders screen, check the box for Apply a profile to the return shipment and then select the return shipping profile you wish to apply.
When you process the shipment, the shipping label will print using the service Priority Mail and a return shipping label will be automatically generated using the service First Class.
the original shipping label will use Priority Mail
the return label will apply the First Class profile
By configuring your shipping profile(s), you can also configure ShipWorks so that when processing shipping labels a return shipping label is always automatically generated, without having to manually select the option for each shipment individually. Here's how:
2. Select the shipping profile for which you would like to enable printing a return shipping label and click on the Edit button. For this example we will use the Defaults - USPS (Stamps.com) shipping profile.
3. Scroll down to the Return Shipment section. Then, enable the Include a return label default.
4. If you wish to apply a separate return shipping profile to the return shipping label, enable the Apply a profile to the return shipment default and then select the correct profile from the drop-down menu.
5. Click OK and then click Close.
Now, when you process a shipping label with the profile applied, a return shipping label will also automatically be generated.
To automatically generate a return shipping label when processing shipments in Scan-to-Ship, apply a shipping profile that has the Include a return label option enabled to the shipment.
Please note that there is not a Return panel in Scan-to-Ship view. When applying a shipping profile with Include a return label option enabled, a return label will be automatically generated.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.