ShipWorks makes it easy to create a return label for FedEx shipments processed in ShipWorks. You have the option of creating a printed return label or of having FedEx email the return label directly to your customer.
1. Select the order for which you would like to generate a return label.
Hint: You can quickly search for and locate an order by using the Search All Orders box at the top of the ShipWorks application. If you know the order number or customer's first or last name you can enter it into the box and quickly locate the order.
2. Next, let's create the return shipment. Depending upon whether or not your order has multiple shipments associated to it you will need to do this in one of two ways.
a. With the order selected, click on the Shipping tab and then click on the Return button.
b. Clicking the Return button will open the Ship Orders screen for you and create a new, return shipment. You can expand the FedEx Returns section and verify that the This is a return shipment checkbox is checked.
a. With the order selected click on the Home tab and then click Ship Orders.
b. On the Ship Orders screen, select the shipment from the Shipments list on the left. Then, select Ship Again > Ship Again as Return.
c. Selecting Copy Copy as Return creates a new, return shipment and selects it for you. You can expand the FedEx Returns section and verify that the This is a return shipment checkbox is checked.
3. As an option, you can modify the Shipment Details as needed.
Note: You can expand each section of the Ship Orders screen by clicking the expand/collapse button to the right of each section.
4. Scroll down to and expand the FedEx Returns section by clicking on the expand / collapse button.
a. The This is a return shipment checkbox should be checked for you. If it is not, please check this box.
b. For FedEx Return Type, choose Email Return Label or Print Return Label. Email Return Label will send an email to the email address listed under the Contact Information within the To section of the Ship Orders screen. Print Return Label allows you to print the label and to send it to a customer.
c. (Optional) Enter the RMA Number (Return Merchant Authorization) and RMA Reason you received from FedEx. An RMA Number has between 11-23 characters, begins with PR or FX, and includes a “$” as the 16th character. For example: FXZZ00012341234$0000052 or PRZZ00098765432$0000022 d. Choose your preference for Saturday Pickup.
5. Once all of your Shipment Details and FedEx Returns options are correct, click the Create Label button to generate your return label.
6. Click the Close button to exit the Ship Orders screen.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.