PrestaShop is a freely accessible open source eCommerce platform with out-of-the-box features that help the business merchants to build comprehensive eCommerce websites coupled with amazing functionality.
ShipWorks connects directly to your PrestaShop account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from PrestaShop. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to PrestaShop.
This article will guide you through how to add your PrestaShop store to the ShipWorks software.
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
Your PrestaShop store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or PrestShop.
ShipWorks connects to PrestaShop using a .php module which is placed into your PrestaShop store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your PerstaShop store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review this article.. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
1. Download the attached shipworks3.php module (found at the bottom of this article). Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks3.php file to the root directory of your PrestaShop. Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
3. On the Store Setup screen, enter your PrestaShop username and password. Then, enter the Module URL. The module URL is the path to the shipworks3.php module that you uploaded in the previous steps.
Your module URL is typically your store's address with /shipworks3.php added to the end. So, if your store's address is www.widgetmethis.com, your Module URL would look like http://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
4. Click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
1. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
2. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.