osCommerce is a free shopping cart and open source Ecommerce platform. osCommerce is a team of Ecommerce professionals , who created and managed Ecommerce websites for various businesses from all over the world, joined by the idea of creating an ecommerce platform.
ShipWorks connects directly to your osCommerce account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from osCommerce. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to osCommerce.
This article will walk you through how to connect your osCommerce store to the ShipWorks software.
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
Your osCommerce store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or osCommerce.
ShipWorks connects to osCommerce using a .php module which is placed into your osCommerce store's admin directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your osCommerce store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review this article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
1. Download the ShipWorks3_Module_osCommerce_v3_15_0_0.zip file located at the bottom of this article. Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
After unzipping the file you will have 1 files that needs to be uploaded to your osCommerce store's admin folder.
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped file to the osCommerce admin folder.
Copy shipworks3.php to your store's admin directory. The admin directory may have been renamed when the osCommerce store was created.
3. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
Note: Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
4. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
5. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
6. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
7. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Select an Order Status from the drop-down menu. In most cases, the Comment: should be left as is.
8. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your osCommerce orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.