Magento 2: Add a Store (API) - v5.8.0 or greater
Magento provides a fully customizable shopping cart for ecommerce sellers, ranging from small businesses to enterprise retailers.
ShipWorks connects directly to your Magento store. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Magento. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Magento.
This article guides you through how to easily connect your Magento 2 store to ShipWorks using the Magento API.
Before you begin, please make sure that:
You have the ShipWorks application downloaded and installed and that you can log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
You have your Magento admin username and password.
3. Select Magento 2 as the Version.
4. Enter the Account Credentials for your Magento store. Then, click Next.
Username: - Your Magento store's administrator username
Password: - Your Magento store's administrator password
Store URL: - Your Magento website address.
5. On the Store Information screen, enter the store Name and Address. Then, click Next.
6. Enter the additional Contact Information for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
7. By default, ShipWorks downloads the previous 30 days of orders during the first download from your Magento store. You may edit this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. We recommend leaving the setting checked for Mark the order as Complete in Magento and upload the shipment details. Additionally, if you would like for Magento to send an email to your customer that the order is complete, check the box for Magento should email the customer that the order was completed.
8. Click Next. Then, click Finish.
Your Magento orders will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.