Volusion specializes in ecommerce websites. Create and manage your website and online store, then create a ShipWorks user in Volusion that allows your orders to import into ShipWorks.
ShipWorks connects directly to your Volusion account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Volusion. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Volusion.
To add a Volusion-based store to ShipWorks, you must have a few things from Volusion. If you need help obtaining any of your information, you will be able to get the information you need from Volusion.
a Volusion Pro or Premium account plan
your Store URL, your login email and password
access to your Volusion store's admin panel
an encrypted password in order for ShipWorks to retrieve orders from your Volusion store.
Before you add a Volusion store in ShipWorks, you have to do two things: retrieve your encrypted password and enable the "Generic Orders" API from your Volusion admin panel.
Please note that, depending upon the version of Volusion you are running, the screenshots in this article may be different than what you see in your Volusion admin panel. However, the basic steps will remain the same.
1. Log into your Volusion store's admin panel.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the Inventory menu at the top of the page. Then, click on Import / Export.
3. Now, click on the Volusion API link.
4. Scroll down to the Generic section of the page. Then, click the RUN button next to Generic\Orders.
5. Click the RUN button located at the top-right of the Run Generic\Orders page. A new field containing a URL will be displayed.
6. Your Encrypted password is located within the URL. It begins after EncryptedPassword= and ends at the &. The encrypted password is highlighted in the below image.
3. Verify that Configuration is set to Automatic. Then, enter the following information:
Store URL: The website address of your Volusion store.
Login Email: The email address that you use to log into your Volusion admin panel.
Password: Your Volusion administrator password.
4. Click Next. ShipWorks will attempt to automatically connect to your Volusion store. If successful, continue to step 5 below. If you encounter an error, please try the following:
a. Click the Configuration drop-down menu and select Manual (instead of Automatic).
b. Copy and paste the Volusion Encrypted Password (retrieved by following the steps in the Retrieve Your Encrypted Password from Volusionsection) into the indicated field.
c. Click Next.
5. Select the Volusion Time Zone of your store, and then select which order statuses will be retrieved by ShipWorks during downloads. Click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
1. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
2. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.