ShipWorks' integration with UPS provides you with the ability to select service options and print shipping labels without having to export data or cut-and-paste information into other applications. Identify all the available UPS domestic and international services, display your UPS account's shipping rates based on package specifications, and view the UPS Time in Transit to quickly identify the method of service that is best suited for each shipment.
This article will guide you through the steps to create a new UPS from ShipWorks account. Please see this article if you are attempting to add an existing UPS account to ShipWorks.
Please also ensure that you are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
2. Verify that UPS is active in the Active Providers list by ensuring the checkbox is checked. Then, select UPS from the list of shipping providers on the Shipping Settings screen.
3. With UPS selected, click the Add UPS button in the Save up to 62% off standard UPS label prices section.
4. Review the links located on the UPS Promotional Rates & Technology Agreement. Click Next to accept the UPS terms and conditions.
5. Confirm your pickup address for this account. Then, click Next. (All fields are required.)
6. The Labels screen allows you to specify the label format you need for the type of printer you will be using.
Standard Inkjet or Laser printer - Select Standard
Most newer thermal printers (Zebra 450, 500, etc) - Select Zebra (ZPL)
Older thermal printers (Zebra 2844, etc) - Select Zebra (EPL)
If prompted, selected your label format, then click Next.
7. The Origin Address screen allows you to enter multiple origin or from addresses that you can use when shipping. To add a new address, click the New button. Otherwise, click Next.
Note: For detailed information on how to add additional origin addresses, see this article.
8. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set the base defaults that are selected when shipping with UPS and to add additional shipping rules used to select additional defaults. Shipping Rules are outside of the scope of this article. However, let's talk about setting your base defaults for UPS.
If you wish to set base defaults for UPS, continue with step 8a. Otherwise, just to step 9.
8a. Click the blue link for Defaults - UPS.
8b. On the Shipping Profile screen, select your most commonly used UPS settings in each section. If a particular option does not apply to you, you can feel free to skip it. Nothing is required. This screen simply allows you to set the most commonly used UPS options. Note: There are two tabs at the top of the Profile screen. The Packages tab allows you to specific package defaults such as weight and dimensions.
When you are finished with your defaults, click OK and then Next.
9. The Printing Setup screen allows you to specify whether or not ShipWorks should automatically print your shipping labels after processing and to configure how ShipWorks handles the printing of your labels.
Return Labels: If you will be automatically generating return shipping labels to include in your shipments and you wish for the return labels to automatically be printed, check the box for Automatically print return shipping labels after processing.
We recommend leaving the default settings for the remainder of the options on this screen.
After clicking the Next button, you may be prompted to select the printer(s) to which you wish to print your shipping labels.
Labels\Thermal - Select the thermal printer with which you will print your UPS labels. If you do not use a thermal printer, just click Use Default.
Labels\Standard - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
Labels\Commercial Invoice - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
10. On the Processing Setup screen, you have the option of configuring an email address in ShipWorks so that you can send emails to your customers. You can also set the default Local Status for orders after you process a shipment. For now, we are going to leave the default settings and just click Next.
Email - This is optional. However, if you wish to configure an email account with ShipWorks, learn how to do so here.
Local Status - We recommend the default settings.
11. You will be prompted once your account was successfully added to ShipWorks. (Please note that it may take a few moments.)
Your new account is now configured and ready to use.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.